23 April 2014

My letter to the Arizona Board of Regents RE the proposed $150 student athlete fee

Hello.

I am writing to comment on the ASU tuition proposal for 2014 - 2015.

I disagree with the $75 fee per semester for student athletics.

I have spent several years supporting the ASU athletics community by purchasing season tickets to many of the sports. I love ASU and I love ASU athletics but I disagree with this fee because I believe that the NCAA system of athletics is flawed and that it is not a fair system of reimbursement for the athlete's contribution to the university community. So long as there is a lack of athlete representation to determine a fair system of compensation I can not support such a fee.

I hope that the Board of Regents will not permit the university to charge this fee.

1 comment:

  1. We have received your correspondence and thank you for providing us with your thoughts on this matter.



    Peggy Martin | Secretary to the Board

    ReplyDelete