25 September 2014

The Values That Are Most Important to Me in an Academic Graduate Program

I decided several years ago that I wanted to earn a PhD. Now I'm at the point where I'm making progress to make that a possibility. I'm defining my interests and values.
Here is a list of the values that are most important to me in an academic graduate program.

  1. Appreciation of beauty and excellence
  2. Fairness, equity, and justice
  3. Love of learning
  4. Perspective (wisdom)
  5. Curiosity and interest in the world
  6. Altruism
  7. Collaborative
  8. Creativity
The best program for me will value academic excellence, rewarding high achievement.
Each member of the community and candidate is treated fairly and given sufficient support to be successful.
Learning is encouraged in the spirit of service to the community.
The program works to provide greater perspective and wisdom to the local university community and the global community.
The program examines the world with curiosity and interest, encouraging its members to address society's problems creatively and in collaboration with other agencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment